GARDINER MINES NS B1H5K4
**_The Company _**
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
**Corporate risk and broking**
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
This position is responsible for understanding and processing insurance billings. Billings are completed by using the accounting system and analysis of various insurance documents as they relate to billings. This includes researching insurance information and providing customer service to field offices, clients and carriers.
* Reads and understands insurance documents in order to process accounts
* Processes Agency Bill billings including endorsements, audits, cancellations, extensions, new accounts, renewals, reports and fees
* Prepares and mails installment invoices
* Records, stores, and maintains accounting information in either written form or by electronic filing system.
* Researches account information to complete accounting activities related to billing and communicates that information to field offices, clients or carriers as needed
* May generate account statements, reports and other records and handle paperwork and perform day-to-day administrative tasks.
* Reconcile/Resolve outages to the Ledger caused by the billing process.
**Education and/or Experience:**
High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college courses in accounting preferred. 1 year accounting clerical experience required. Insurance billing experience preferred.
**Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:**
* Knowledge of Accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices
* Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing systems, filing and records management systems, and other office procedures and terminology
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English and French languages including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including quality service standards
* Ability to find and identify essential information
* Ability to structure or classify multiple pieces of information
* Ability to read and understand work related documents
* Ability to perform basic mathematical functions using a calculator or computer
* Strong oral and written communication skill needed
* The ability to correctly follow a given rule or set of rules or instructions
* The ability to quickly and accurately compare letters or numbers.
* The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to come up with logical answers.
* The ability to concentrate and not be distracted while performing a task over a period of time
* Ability to work in a team
* Ability to work under stress or time constraint
* Detail oriented
*Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.*
*Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.*
*Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.*
*Job Title:* Billing Accountant
*Job Function:* Accounting/Finance
*Date Posted:* 9/11/2017
*Employment Type:* Permanent Full Time
*Job Number:* JO-1709-22083