Washington University of St. Louis
ALLENTON MO 63001
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Accounting Services. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Manage the accounting for university's external and internal borrowings. Provide forecasts, financial statements and analysis to Senior Management.
**PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
1. Responsible for accounting and reporting related to the university's internal loan processes. Includes preparing and recording periodic internal loan payments and quarterly internal bank financial statements, as well as various analysis, reconciliations and supporting schedules. Prepare year-end accounting entries, ensuring proper elimination of internal income and expenses, in accordance with GAAP.
2. Responsible for all accounting related to the University's external debt instruments which include bonds payable, notes payable, lines of credit and interest rate swaps. Ensure timely payment of principal, interest and fees; maintain detailed accounting records; responsible for ensuring continued compliance with applicable regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements.
3. Prepare internal debt service forecasts for planning and budgeting purposes; provide internal borrowers with detailed supporting schedule; provide reports and analysis to Financial Planning, Treasury Services and internal borrows.
4. Responsible for various monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting activities; includes journal entries, variance analysis and reconciliations of internal financial reports and external financial statements.
5. Special requests and projects that support and advance the University's mission and goals; provide support and counsel to management with regards to data analysis, planning, reporting, and development of resources to achieve short and long term goals; identify, gather, assess, and analyze data used for making decisions, and make decisions where appropriate; incorporate data and ideas into either formal or informal reports, presenting resolution to issues or problems; learn/stay engaged in utilizing the advances in financial systems to ensure effective and efficient delivery of information.
* An undergraduate degree in accounting with three to five years of professional accounting experience in budgeting, reporting and financial analysis; demonstrated analytical and accounting skills with attention to details.
* Proficient in Excel and Word.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
* A self-motivated individual driven by challenge with the ability to work independently; actively attempts to influence events, originates ideas and takes action.
* Ability to meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure.
* Ability to handle confidential information.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities; ability to properly assess pertinent data and develop a framework for effective and practical solutions to complex issues.
* Excellent interpersonal skills; a service-oriented communicator who is a true team player with the ability to forge relationships.
* Knowledge of internal controls; ability to streamline/automate transaction processing and recording.
CPA or MBA is a plus; prior experience in a decentralized and/or complex environment.
The hiring range for this position is $50,895 - $66,144 annually.
* Retirement Savings Plan
* 22 vacation days
* 8 Paid Holidays
* Sick Time
* Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
* Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
* Free Life Insurance
* Health, Dental, Vision
* Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
* Long Term Disability Insurance
* Flex Spending Plan
* Other Benefits
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Job Title:* Accounting Analyst - Accounting Services - 37839
*Job ID:* 37839
*Location:* Danforth - Main Campus
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time